I'd like to wish everyone a Happy New Year. 2012 was a very exciting year in my house and I'm expecting more of 2013. Last year, on this very day, I wrote about a few goals. Let's revisit them before I make a few more for this year.
1. I was working on three WIPs at the time. Two of them are finished, Irish Rising, published in March from Secret Craving Publishing, is a nice little story that has yet to find an audience. In my head, I have a few reasons why this book hasn't made many sales. Then, I also finished my first full length novel. Bound in Evil should be released on January 10, 2013. Round one of edits has been submitted but my copy editor has been very silent. So I don't know where it is in the process right now. It's a bit frustrating but I'm sure it will all work out. I hope I find out soon because I have a few guest spots which I'm working on and need to know if I can publicize the date.
2. I had a weight loss goal of 50 lbs. last year. I lost 30 but probably gained 10 back. It's back on the juice for me and the hubby after today. Considering I'm still down, I'll keep that in the plus column.
So here are a few of my goals for the upcoming year of 2013.
1. I have two books left to finish in the Bound Series. So by the end of this year, I will have at least three books in print.
2. I'd like to start writing at least one thousand words a day. I think that's a number I can manage. The weekends and vacations can be more but with work I think it's a good number!
3. Weight loss is going to be a priority. This year, I'm not going to put a number on it. This would put pressure on me. Any weight loss will be welcomed.
4. I vow to take a vacation this year. I haven't had one in nine years, I think I'm due. So Disney, here I come!
5. I am a featured author at the Authors After Dark conference in Savannah, Georgia this August and I'm going to rock it!!! The goal is to attend at least one conference per year, maybe more.