Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day

I know this might shock some people but I really don't like Valentine's Day. I think it's a totally commercial holiday and all hype. Recently I've lost count of how many times I've seen commercials for  diamond engagement rings. The market is flooded with them. You can practically buy roses on every street corner and stores are bloated with red and pink cards professing love. This is a lot of pressure to put on people.

To me, love should be expressed every day and it doesn't have to include a diamond! A handwritten card can express love just as much as a store bought one. Every day actions speak louder than words, or cards, or chocolate.

Cherish each other every day and make every day special!

Oh, and by the way Happy Valentine's Day!

MRD

1 comment:

  1. Amen! I think every holiday out there is becomming a bit too commercialized. Although, I don't really want to return the fancy computer printer my hubby gave me for a V-Day gift just to prove that point!!! Seriously, it prints on BOTH sides.

    ReplyDelete