Thursday, July 7, 2011

Difference between men and women

I don't understand real men sometimes. They do things that I don't understand. I will give an example of something that annoys me about my husband. If my husband can't sleep, he thinks that it's absolutely hysterical to "mess" with me while I'm sleeping. It doesn't happen all the time but every blue moon, he get into a silly mood. Last night was one of those nights. I went to bed at 9. I had participated in a loop discussion with the writers from Secret Cravings Publishing. You wouldn't think that it would make me tired but being witty for three hours straight is exhausting. I was ready to sleep as I got comfortable, he started asking me questions and talking to me. "What time do you have to be at work tomorrow?" When he heard that I only had a meeting at 11:30, he said, "Oh good, you can stay up with me and we can talk and spend time together." WTF! I would like to remind everyone that I am on vacation and have been home for the last week and a half. I tried to stay awake but once I hit the bed, I'm all done.

So I wake up a little while later, while he is trying to balance a Dorito on my lips. It must have ticked me off even in my sleep because I woke up in mid-swing. Smack! What does the boob say to me, "What? Doritos are your favorite." Really while I'm sleeping? This is something eleven year old girls do at a slumber party. What a boob! That's all I can say.

Another way we are different is evident in a poll that was posted at the local sports channel website.  They asked people about what celebrity trial they were most interested in the outcome. I'd have to guess that most of the people who responded were men, not all but most. Here is the breakdown:

1. Whitey Bulger
2. Roger Clemens
3. Casey Anthony
4. Jared Lee Loughner

I consider the first two choices very regional and specific. You're really only going to be interested in Whitey's outcome if you are interested in New England mobsters. I hear that Jack Nickelson played him in some mobster movie but I really only know him from the news. Roger Clemens is big news around here because of his time with the Red Sox. This is why he is only remotely interesting to me. Do I really care that he lied about taking steroids? Not really! My mother and sister followed the Casey Anthony story religiously. I actually had to referee a heated discussion about it between my mother and brother. I think that if this poll was given to women, this would have made it to number one. There were even some women who went down to Orlando for the verdict. The last guy, I am ashamed to admit, I had to look up. He is the crazy guy who shot the Arizona senator in the head and killed all of those people at a public appearance.

What are your thoughts? If  you had to take this poll, how would it turn out? Do you think if it was posted on a cooking site, would the outcome be different?

I think I might try and take a nap. Is it really taking a nap when you just got out of bed? My brain is not ready to function yet.

Peace Out,
MRD

2 comments:

  1. My ex used to do stupid things to me while I slept. He always thought it was funny. My husband now knows if I'm sleeping you better leave me alone if you like your limbs. ;)

    I know most women were glued to the Casey Anthony trial. My mom watched it faithfully every moment it was on television.

    Hope you get some rest.

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely hate it when the hubby wants to get you know "snuggly" when I'm trying to sleep. Grr.

    I've heard of all those trials, though only heard my sister mention the Casey one last night. Don't know which one I'd vote as most discussional. Shrug.

    ReplyDelete