Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy Harry Potter Release day

Today the very last Harry Potter movie comes out in theaters and I am EXCITED!!!! Although it's a bit bittersweet because this series has been part of my life for such a long time, it's tough to see it end. I myself was a tad late getting on the Hogwarts Express. By the time I became aware of the books, the first one was sold in paperback by then. Of course this annoys me to some degree that I don't have a complete set of hardcover editions. Yes, I know I could probably buy one and will sound like a freak for saying this but I couldn't do that to my paperback edition. It served me fine. LOL! Maybe I'm a little like Sue Heck on In the Middle putting electric curlers in her hair in a different order each time not to hurt their feelings. Ok, maybe I need a little help but don't we all have our own little "things".

Or maybe it's the story behind the writing of Harry Potter that intrigues me. A woman on welfare goes to a coffee shop to keep her in and her baby warm and write a series of novels that has earned her more wealth than the Queen of England. Isn't that the hope of every writer? Something we wrote sparks an interest in the public and catapults us to greatness. I think it gives us hope that it can happen! We all need hope.

It has been a terrible week where I have been totally hopeless. I won't bore you with the details but with a little retail therapy and Harry Potter, I just might be able to face the day with a small smile on my face!

Peace out,
MRD

3 comments:

  1. Hope Harry Potter cheers you up. I must say I've never read any of the books or seen one movie.
    Retail therapy is a good idea too!

    Hugs,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't start reading them until the first movie came out, or maybe it was the second movie...anyway, there were 4 books out by that time and I have to say, I'm soooo glad I started them. Not only are they great books, but the inspiration behind J.K. Rowling's story really is amazing.

    I can't believe it's already here. So excited. No I just have to figure out a way to get the hubby to take me this weekend (he hates big crowds). Can't believe this is the end.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy!
    Am I mistaken, or does Jason Isaacs look particularly good in this film? No that he did not always look delicious as Lucius, but he seems even more alluring this year...more evil? LOL...

    ReplyDelete