Friday, November 4, 2011

Flying Body Parts

As a new published writer, I'm totally obsessed with how my book is doing. Are people liking it and reviewing it? Where is it in the standings on particular websites? Maybe it will ease with my second book, or maybe I'll be just as obsessed with the rest. Like I said, I am a bit of a freak.

As I have been deep in my new obsession, I've been noticing the different types of genres out there and how they are doing. All I can say is that gay erotic romances are super hot right now! Being a reader first, I have to say I do love a good menage story. There's something about being sandwich in between two hot guys trying to pleasure which gives the reader a thrill. Some writers do it very well, if you haven't, please check out Amber Skyze's story Adrift and Miranda Stowe's Best Friends Share Everything as great examples. I enjoyed both books immensely!

I really don't think right now I am a proficient enough writer to be able to write a menage, maybe in the future. What is too much though, that's the question? While being my freak self, I notice quite a few books with multiple partners. One that totally blew my mind (and it wasn't alone) was MFMMM. All I can say is, "Holy, flying body parts Batman." (The husband is playing the new Batman video game, so the phrase is constantly running in my head this morning.) The writer of this book must know exactly what they are doing because to me I just see a whole lot of penises flying around!!! I wonder how they keep track of who is where? Who is doing what to who? Is it like a human pretzel? It makes my mind spin with the possibilities. Are you getting a headache trying to figure it out? All I can say is Wow!

Today is finally the end of a crazy week at work, so I am looking forward to some rest, relaxation, cleaning, and much needed writing over the weekend.

I would like to give a special birthday shout out to my friend Amber Skyze who is celebrating her birthday weekend this weekend. If you have to cry this weekend, may they be tears of joy. If you are shocked, may it be from presents from family and friends. If you are full, may it be from all of the blessings that are in your life right now. Enjoy your weekend, my friend, you deserve it!!!

Peace out,
MRD

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, thanks so much for the shout out for Adrift and my birthday. You truly are a wonderful friend. :o)

    As for multiple partners...I can handle writing three any more scares me.

    Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy almost birthday, AMBER!!!

    The first MMFMM book I read was Plays Well with Others by Brynn Paulin. I have to say, she did pretty good with keeping track of where everyone was. I read one before where I swear the author mixed up a few guy's names, because I was all like, Wait a second, he wasn't down there a second ago, he was up top. So I totally see what you mean!

    And thanks for the shout out. You're too totally sweet.

    ReplyDelete