Friday, December 23, 2011

Pocahontas has been found!

I have been going through a huge Christmas panic attack this week. When "G" gave me her list this year, it had exactly two items on it, books and a Pocahontas doll. She was very specific. Her doll needed to be Native American. So like a dutiful aunt, I went to Toys R Us to find her. Well, there was every type of Disney doll there but...you got it. Pocahontas! The next step was ordering it off Amazon, easy, easy! Well, of course with me not so easy. For weeks there has been no word on the doll. Finally, on Wednesday, I really started to panic. This kid asked for two things!!!! What was I going to do? My mother's solution was to buy her an American Girl doll. I don't know about you but there is no way I'm contributing to that cult. Not that I don't like them, as a child, I was a huge doll girl but each doll is close to ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS. I'm sorry, there's no way I'm paying that amount of money for a doll. The good thing is I didn't have to, when I came home from work yesterday, she was waiting on the stairs. The "bitch" has been traveling all over the country having a grand time. Of course the hubby found it hysterical, "Don't you find it ironic that Pocahontas is lost?" I can't tell you how much mileage he got from that one joke for weeks. On Wednesday, I threatened him with physical violence if I ever heard the joke again.

Yesterday, something great writing-wise happened. I thought of such an idea for a book that I had to stop what I was doing and sit down and write. Of course the bad thing was that I was at work but nevertheless, I sat down and wrote a few hundred words. I haven't been this excited about a story since Fated Mates came to me in a dream. This story is practically fully formed in my head. I can't wait to write some more. I love that I have this excitement back about writing. So I think I'm putting aside the sequel to Fated Mates for now and working on this new piece.

I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas because this will probably be my last post before Christmas. There is still so much to do!

Peace out,
MRD

4 comments:

  1. Well, you know those native american dolls, free spirits and all. They don't like to be tied down!! That's funny though (sorry). But truly, I'm glad she decided to settle down and come home.

    Congrats on the genius story idea. Can't wait to read it...but I'll be patient, so don't feel pressured or anything!!

    Merry Christmas, Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad the journey is over for Pocahontas. LOL

    Congrats on writing. I wish I could but with all this darn shopping I can't think straight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you got the doll...unfortunately I'm one of those aunts who've had to go the route of American Girl dolls...and yeah...it hurts to be a part of the cult...lol

    ReplyDelete