Yesterday as I was waiting in the pharmacy, I caught myself bopping around to the Bee Gee's tune on the radio. So it got me thinking, how do you know if you were were a true child of the the '70s?
1. You wore a plaid polyester jumpsuit.
2. You wore a shirt that said "Roller Boogie" on it in big sparkly letters.
3. There was no cable tv. In fact, there were only three major channels.
4. Sid and Marty Krofft were the geniouses behind most of the best Saturday morning shows.
5. Mom gave you a Dorothy Hamel haircut despite wanting it or not.
6. Your Donnie and Marie dolls had holes in their hands where you stuck in their microphones.
7. Davy Jones was the cute Monkey.
8. You got to sit in the "way back" of a station wagon with your friends and no one worried about the safety of it.
9. Your parents forced you to watch Lawrence Welk and you still can sing the goodbye song by heart.
10. Your crushes were Shawn Cassidy, Andy Gibb, and Robin (from Batman and Robin)
And my ultimate...If you thought that by spinning around fast enough, you could turn into Wonder Woman, you were truly a child in the '70s!