On Monday, one of my husband's oldest friends was found dead, long years of drug addiction finally caught up with him. His obituary appeared in today's paper and it was a total of six sentences. All but two of them included the arrangements for services. Besides being sad for my husband, because this has turned into a circus, I find that his life could be summed up in six sentences chilling. What is even more sad is that the six sentences really captured his life. They couldn't have written anything else.
So I started thinking about bucket lists. Someone at work said something about being able to complete a triathlon was on her list. More power to you Jenn! I can tell you that right away, I thought that that would not be on my list. Then I started thinking about what should be on my bucket list.
My Bucket List
1. Work less- I know this sounds a little lame but I am somewhat of a workaholic. I am going to have to cut back on work. I am getting too stressed out and stress kills.
2. Take at least one vacation a year- I haven't been on a vacation in seven years. The last time was the Christmas after my MIL passed away. I took my husband to Disney World. I figured for the first Christmas without her, I would take him away from everything and visit the happiest place on earth. Who could be miserable in Disney, right? WRONG!!!!
3. Stop just donating to the gym. It's time to shit or get off the pot as my mother would say. My fat ass is destined to be smaller.
4. Be surrounded by the covers of my published books. It is time to commit myself to my writing. This also refers back to working less.
5. Make my house into something that I would be proud of. I am not going to put off any home improvements anymore!
6. My most important one is to have children. Either by myself or by other means, I will be a mother someday. The battle is not done. I am not willing to concede defeat yet. It is not a place that I will ever concede defeat. By hook or by crook...
Have a long day of work ahead of me and the drama will surely escalate until everything is over but I will breathe and get through everything.