Saturday, May 28, 2011

Now that the celebrating is over

I have celebrated the contract of Fated Mates for two days now. The hubby and I went to out to dinner by the water. We toasted with some champagne. Last night we drank the second bottle of champagne. To tell the truth, I drank most of it with the husband having one glass of the bubbly stuff. I still feel elation and disbelieve. I mean, I believed in the story but only hoped that someone would want to publish it. When I read the e-mail, I literally read it through one squinted eye. Don't know why I did this, maybe a rejection would look better through an eye slit. Who really knows how my mind works sometimes. I don't think that I know either.

So now that the celebration is over, it's time to get to work. The contract has been signed and sent in. My book will now be placed with an editor and revisions will start once I get some feedback. I also have to start thinking of blurbs for the website. So today, I will be trolling sites reading people's blurbs trying to figure out how to write one.

Another thing that I have to do this weekend is update my website. I put something up but it needs some sprucing. I want the site and the blog to be linked. I tried to do it last night but in my celebratory state couldn't figure out what to do. I also have to figure out how to turn my Facebook page into one that accepts friends. Right now all people can do is "like" the page.

Here is the big question, what is Twitter? I have a rudimentary knowledge of it is but as writers how many have an account? What do you twitter about? How do you get followers?

The head is spinning right now with what I have to do. Then, somewhere in between all of this, I have to  finish manuscript number two!


Peace Out,
MRD

4 comments:

  1. My personal suggestion is work on manuscript #2. The rest you can do slowly. I don't tweet so I can't help you there. The only I have from my blog to website is literally just a link!
    Don't do facebook so can't help you there either. :) But hey huge congrats on the contract. lol
    Amber Skyze

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I like the title of your story!! Amber's advice sounds pretty good, wish I could've heard that when I first started. Felt like I scrambled around like a crazy person, trying to do everything. Then it took me over a year later to sell book 2.

    Congrats again. This is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Yes, now comes the blurbs, the promotions, the web presence.

    As for twitter, I've been on for a while now and just finally figured out how to use it properly. That being said, I still don't! Getting followers is slow, but I find if you start with your blogger/facebook friends and start tweeting, the followers find you.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the big news, Marie!

    I don't actively follow Twitterers. They tend to follow me first then I check out what they have to say. If they write YA, it's guaranteed I'll follow them.

    ReplyDelete