Wednesday, April 20, 2011

And the sun ran away with the muse!

Here in Rhode Island, we have been under the cover of clouds for so many day that I have lost count. It is gray, cold, and miserable. I miss that bright star in the sky with its warmth and golden glow.  I'm thinking that the sun and my muse are having a torrid affair somewhere in the blanket of the clouds. When the sun disappeared, so did my writing muse. Here I am sitting on my couch, covered in a blanket that Aunt Marie knitted me when I was thirteen, and all I want to do is watch a movie marathon. Right now, I am thinking it's a toss up between a Harry Potter marathon, Lord of the Rings, or Ugly Betty on Netflix. What can I say, I have very eclectic tastes.

I'm not sure if the headache that is pounding behind my eyes is a result of the lack of sunshine and vitamin D or it's Aiden and Kim the two characters from my wip that want some attention. They really are being pushy. To be fair, I sort of left them in a fairly tricky situation. They just finished drinking some shots of Irish Whiskey in Aiden's pub and had their first explosive kiss. I left him with a hard-on that could hammer nails and no satisfaction. So I have a sneaking feeling that he is a little pissed at me. Kim, who is a successful romance writer, is screaming at me to "just write already". "You have to just plow through this", she's whispering. "It doesn't matter if it's good. Just get it down on paper." Wow that woman is seriously pushy!

Hopefully the sun will be back soon with my slutty muse!

Peace out for now,
MRD

4 comments:

  1. I must have your muse because I've been writing the last two days after a dry spell. I miss the sun though. Hope you can get back to Aiden I'm sure he's ready to explode!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that you're writing again. I know your dry spell was bothering you. I have no doubt that the poor man is in terrible agony. I left him ready to explode... I might need some punishment for being such a "bad girl". LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I love the title of your blog. I definitely have those days. Ugh. But I'm sure Kim and Aiden will get THEIR day too! Happy writings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. Well now I get why you have an adult warning on your blog. The posts have been very tame until now. Loved this one.

    I remember you commenting about the irish pub scene on another post this morning. The post (I can't remember whose it was) was about your mc's song. I loved your comment. Apparently the music did more for Aiden than it did for you. ;)

    ReplyDelete