The other night on Dancing with the Stars, it was guilty pleasures night. They had everyone dancing to songs that were deemed "guilty pleasures". I am assuming that all of the songs were supposed to be embarrassing to admit that you liked. I have to admit, my taste has been called eclectic at best. So of course, I loved all of the songs. Is something a guilty pleasure if you admit to it?
1. I love all of this hype about the royal wedding. Some people can't be bothered but I am going to watch. I watched Princess Diana and Prince Charles get married when I was young. My mother woke me up in the wee hours of the morning (or it seemed like the wee hours) and we watched it together. If I didn't have to go to work tomorrow, I probably would be at my mother's house watching this one with her as well. I like weddings-the dresses, the flowers, the music... Maybe because I enjoyed every aspect of my own wedding.
2. I like hard rock, alternative and 80's music. I am not a top 40 girl. On my I-Pod, you would find Rage Against the Machine, Metallica, Muse, Flyleaf, Halestorm, Blondie, Journey, Duran Duran (Oh John Taylor, I still love you!), and Paramour. I also have a penchant for Broadway musicals.
3. I was a dancer and wanted to pursue it until a college dance instructor told me that my body was geared more towards The Foxy Lady (one of the local strip clubs) than ballet. What can I say, even when I was one hundred pounds, I had big boobs! Rude yes but I used to have a rockin' bod! (Time and Doritos, what have you done to me?)
4. I love sci-fi and fantasy films. Give me The Terminator, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and keep them coming.
5. I enjoy watching cheesy Lifetime romances. Just squirmed through the one on Kate and William, totally not up to Lifetime standards.
6. I love, love, love YA movies. I want to see The Prom, Beastly, Breaking Dawn...I look forward to these movies.
So what do you consider some of your "guilty" pleasures?
On another note, I want to send out my deepest support to Judy Mays. I don't know her but I e-mailed her my support and received a personal thank you. I joined her support group on Facebook and was very vocal about my support on the loops that I belong to. I think what these ignorant, backwoods heifers have done to this woman's private life is a crime. They should be persecuted for cyber bullying. What anyone does in their free time is no one else's business! I am a teacher. I write erotica under a pen name. I have sex with my husband, even when the sun is out sometimes! None of these things impact how I am as an educator. So I don't feel that she has to make a decision if she wants to write or teach. These old bats should crawl back into whatever cave they came from and let a woman who has been doing a good job for 25 years continue to do so!