Monday, January 17, 2011

The question of the day is...

How do you keep your enthusiasm up about writing after receiving a harsh rejection letter? Yesterday, I sent off my finished manuscript again along with an updated query letter and synopsis. Almost immediately one of the publishing companies sent me a rejection that said "right from the beginning, it didn't capture my interest". Harsh! Talk about telling me it sucks right away. So here's the thing, does it really suck?  Am I deluding myself that I can become a published writer? Maybe I am one of those people who really enjoys doing it but doesn't have the special talent that gets noticed. There are a lot of them out there. Just think about guys that play baseball, there are a lot of good players out there but only the GREAT ones get drafted to the major league teams.

I think that I will do some extra cleaning of the house today. I have let writing become my first priority lately and the house has really suffered for it.

Peace Out,
MRD

1 comment:

  1. Clean and recharge. It's one editor's opinion. This business can be harsh, but when you finally get that contract all the bad will seem okay. It's worth the fight. A published author is a writer who never gave up!

    ReplyDelete