Monday, January 31, 2011

Juggling is so hard to do!

I have to make a confession here. I am finding it so hard to juggle everything lately. The ball that seems to be dropping a lot lately is my writing. I am finding it difficult to fit it in. I have a lot of story outlines going on right now but my WIP is not flowing at the moment. Which has me asking the question, is it ok to put a WIP on hold for a while and work on something else. Maybe, my problem is that I am such a linear thinker. In my head, I'm thinking that I need to finish what I am working on before moving to the next topic. It's probably not the best way to think when you are writing. Or is it that I haven't had time to sit down and do any sustained writing and I am out of practice. I didn't have this problem with my first manuscript. The words just seems to flow. I was always writing. Even at work, when I had a break, I would write on scraps of paper.

I think that tonight, my plan will be to do some free writing and see what comes out it.

Peace out,
MRD

1 comment:

  1. It happens to all of us. Work on something else until your muse returns for the other wip.

    ReplyDelete