Sunday, December 12, 2010

The good and the bad

When you make a list, it really can go a variety of ways.  You could accomplish everything on your list.  You could accomplish only a few things on the list. Or the very last option, you could have performance anxiety and accomplish nothing on the list.  I fall in the middle option. I accomplished a few things on my list.

Things that I accomplished:
1.  Going to Dunkin Donuts for coffee.  There has to be priorities.
2.  I went food shopping.  I will probably have to pop in again today because I forgot a few items.  I really should make a list for grocery shopping but that would be too organized.
3.  I decorated most of the house.  It looks good and with the candles in the windows, I can now hold my head high with the neighbors.
4.  I made the buffalo wings for my husband to take with him last night.  I also dropped him off because parking where he was going is nuts.
5.  Went to Rite-aid to pick up my husbands prescription for sleeping pills.  I really don't know why he takes them because they don't work.  He has been up all night playing Call of Duty Black Ops, a few feet from me and my laptop, as I write.  This is a problem for me on different levels.  I like to write on my laptop.  I have a home office but don't like to write on the ancient desktop there.  When he is playing his stupid games, I can't concentrate on writing.  So lately, he has been cramping my style.

The rest of the list, I didn't accomplish yesterday.  But the good things about lists is that you can pick up where you left off.  I have already cleaned the bathroom, taken down the curtains and am doing my first load of laundry.

Another thing that I did yesterday that wasn't on the list was go and drop off more money for an oil delivery for Monday.  As I was getting decorations from the basement, I decided to look at the oil level.  It was getting low which seems kind of quick but I don't want to run out.  So I went and made arrangements, with cash in hand, to have more come tomorrow.  I really wish there was another way.  Solar or wind power would be great.  I hate relying on oil to heat my house.

Peace out,
MRD

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a productive day to me! No writing for me this weekend, but it's back to the daily grind tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete