Monday, December 27, 2010

Snowed in

I don't know how much snow is covering my driveway right now but I would have to say that it is over a foot and still coming down.  The husband went out last night and shoveled at least 6 inches but you can't tell right now. We are officially having a blizzard. So, the first day of my vacation is going to be spent indoors. I plan on doing some writing. I have been doing a lot of revising on my manuscript and like it more and more. I actually had an epiphany about the "head popping".  What I am going to do is make it dialogue. So instead of hearing what is going on inside everyone's head and having a passive paragraph, I am going to make it active. I also think that it would be a good example of "showing, not telling".

It is a brief blog today but I hope to do some work before the husband gets up and asks me to help with the shoveling.

Peace out,
MRD

2 comments:

  1. God bless snow-shoveling husbands!! Good luck on your "head popping!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. My shoveling arm has gotten a workout this winter. we've had lots of snow too.

    Hope the writing goes well. Joe and Christian are gone playing soccer at the gym and Heather and the baby are gone for the day. I'm going to try to write today in the peace and quiet.

    ReplyDelete