Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Revise and Resubmit

Revise and resubmit. Is it still a rejection? Yes, but apparently the editor is still interested in the story. She told me if I was willing to make the revisions to resubmit the manuscript. So the question is, do I want to make the revisions? The revisions that I've been asked to make are not huge. In fact, she just wants me to delete a new scene that I wrote that has the hero and heroine interacting with her mother. I thought that it was a pretty funny scene. (What else am I really going to say! I wrote it so, of course, I find it funny!) She didn't say why she didn't like the scene. She just asked that I remove it. The editor also asked for me to put in something at the end that will show where the characters will live, here or on his planet. This revision makes sense. I was actually thinking this was missing the other day.

What I am thrilled with was the fact that nothing was said about proofreading. I went through that manuscript quite a few times. Let me tell you, the amount of errors that I caught were embarrassing. I "thought" that I had gone through it but the facts are the facts. E-M-B-A-R-R-A-S-S-I-N-G! So I felt quite a sense of accomplishment that nothing was said about it.

It's not like I am not going to have time to think about these revision. I am off again because of the snow. I really could get used to this working from home gig. I write a little, clean a little, write a little again. Work is sprinkled in between. Definitely could get used to this, which will make going into work tomorrow that much harder. I am only going in for tomorrow because Friday, I needed to take a personal day. I am having my taxes done in the morning. It should have only been a half day but my accountant is always late. Even though my appointment is for nine. I expect that he will be running over with the people before me. One Easter, yes I said Easter, I had to wait four hours. He was behind by that much. If he wasn't so good, I would have been looking for a new accountant a long time ago.

Peace out,
MRD

1 comment: