Wednesday, February 16, 2011

What do you do?

What do you do when you are feeling defeated? When it seems that the weight of the world is wearing you down? Do you allow yourself to sink into the mire of self doubt and loathing? Or are you the type of person to push it aside with the anthem of "FORWARD"?

There are times in every one's life that there is struggle. We wouldn't be alive if we didn't have to struggle for something. But when is the struggle just too much to go through. When is too much, just too much? Should everything be a struggle? Sometimes the fight is no longer in the fighter.

Am I deluding myself about being a writer? I havent' written in a long time. What is holding me back? I don't enjoy my job anymore. It might be connected to my ego. I went from a place where my opinion was sought out to a place where they feel that I am not needed. At my last position, my "name" meant something. It means nothing anymore. I have gone from the front line to the "B" team. What has changed? In my eyes nothing but again maybe I'm deluding myself. Is this trip that I am going on next week going to help me or perpetuated my constant stress? Then there are even bigger fights in my personal life that I don't know if I have the will to fight anymore. Are some things not meant to be?

MRD

2 comments:

  1. Unfortunately we all go through personal and professional struggles. I've been thinking about quiting writing the last few weeks. I don't feel my writing is good enough anymore - when I'm even writing. Which lately has been hardly not at all.
    Luckily we have friends who are here for us and will push us to move forward.
    Consider this your nudge. ;) Your time is coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually, I wallow in the self-pity for a while. Then eat some ice cream, veg in front of the TV, feel sorry for myself some more, and after a day or so, pick myself up and and move on. Can't go backward, so I guess you pretty much HAVE to go forward.

    On writing, I simply stopped reaching so high from the beginning. I settled for lower and then decided to climb up from there.

    It'll get better. Just think; if you're at a low point right now, the only place you can go from here is UP, right!!!!

    Good luck with your problems. We're rooting for you!!

    ReplyDelete